What a day in the Stock Market Actually looks like
I am sure that you have seen people on TikTok showing how easy the life of a day trader in the stock market is.
Wake up in your mansion, drive with your Lamborghini to a gym, and go swimming in your private pool. All of this while making thousands of dollars.
That’s all baloney, I’m going to show you what a real day in the stock market looks like. Buckle up.
The market opens. I just saw that the Nasdaq crashed 2%. This might not seem much but if the Nasdaq is down 2%, Tesla will be down a lot more.
Just saw that Tesla is officially down 5%. What a wonderful day. And if you think this is only the beginning, it’s not.
It’s the evening, the stock market is about the close. I open up my computer and see a whole bloodbath. My whole computer screen is filled with red percentages.
The Nasdaq is down 4.2% to its lowest level of the year, Tesla is down 10%. What a wonderful life, right?
Let’s talk about the extreme losers.
Palantir, a company providing cyber security to the US government reported tremendous, uh, tremendously bad earnings. Result:
- -20% today, my life is great
You know that it’s bad when Affirm, a company worth $5B is down 17% today, and in after hours, it’s down another 10%. Great.
Of all the assets, Bitcoin performed the best today. It’s only down 7%.
While I was writing this article in the evening, Upstart Holdings, a company that uses artificial intelligence in order to give you a loan reported its quarterly earnings. This is the result:
Upstart: -40% in 2 minutes
Note: Upstart has crashed, even more, it’s now down 60% in one day.
These are the companies that performed the worst today:
- Palantir: -21%
- Rivian: -20%
- Coinbase: -19%
- Gevo: -19%
I am just getting started…
- Spire Global: -19%
- Cardano: -18%
- Affirm: -17%
- Bakkt Holding: -17%
- Carvana: -16%
- Draft Kings: -16%
- Matterport: -16%
- Shiba Inu: -16%
- SE Limited: -15%
- Canoo: -14%
These are some famous one:
- Gamestop: -13%
- Doge: -11%
- Boeing: -10%
- Corsair Gaming:-10%
- Shopify: -10%
- Go pro: -10%
- Nvidia: -9%
- Fiverr: -8%
Let’s look at which stocks crashed most this year alone.
- Sea Limited, the company has a cool name but: -72%
- Netflix: -71%
- Coinbase, the biggest crypto exchange: -70%
- Virgin Galactic, the space company of Richard Branson: -58%
- To close the list, a company called Nvidia: -44%
Let’s look at the companies which are down the most from their all-time high:
- Wish, the website to buy cheap and fake products from China: -95%
- Upstart, a lending company: -92%
- Peloton, the gym equipment company: -92%
- Shift: -91%
- Teladoc: -90%
- Virgin Galactic, the space company from billionaire Richard Branson:-89%
- Affirm, a pay now pay later company: -89%
- Redfin: -89%
- Robinhood, an app to buy stocks with: -87%
- Fiverr, the freelancing website: -87%
- DraftKings, a sportsbetting website: -85%
- Zoom, the video conference website: -84%
- Opendoor, a real estate company: -84%
- Zillow, the real estate website: -82%
- C3 AI, an artificial intelligence company: -81%
- Shopify, the website building tool for dropshipping: -80%
- ARKK, a fund from Cathie Wood: -74%
There are many more, these were just some companies I could name off the top of my head.
Let’s look at some winners of this year:
- Chevron: +33%
- Exxon Mobile: +32%
This article was meant as a statement to all the investing gurus on social media trying to sell you a $1.000 course on day trading, promising they will make you rich.
It’s definitely not the reality.
Anyways… You might want to read these articles:
How Criminals Launder Billions of Illegal Money
Don’t sue me if you get caught