State of Stake vol. 68
Paradigm’s biweekly update on the Proof-of-Stake ecosystem, 13th June — 27th June
- Update your nodes for the Gray Glacier upgrade: The Ethereum network is expected to undergo a scheduled network upgrade at block 15,050,000, or around Wednesday, June 29
- Polkadot Decoded is back on June 29th-30th. Kapex has won the latest Polkadot parachain slot auction
- InvArch Tinkernet is currently in the lead in the current Kusama parachain slot auction, with one day left before the Ending Period
- Input-Output Hong Kong (IOHK), the parent company for the Cardano blockchain, announced the launch of an Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM) sidechain alpha, currently on testnet
- Ava Labs releases Core, an all-in-one web3 operating system for Avalanche
- Solana Mobile debuts Saga, a flagship Android phone for web3
- Polygon ID is live, a self-sovereign identity solution powered by ZK cryptography that brings huge potential for DAO governance
- Synthetix partnered with Gelato to allow stakers to automatically claim their SNX staking rewards on Optimism
- Since April 2021, THORChain has been hardening under its beta label, Multichain Chaosnet, which will now transition to mainnet
- Don’t miss Algorand AMA Twitter space about new Algo Liquid Governance features
- Protocol Jakarta will be activated in the Tezos network
- An update on Aave V3 Harmony after the Harmony protocol Horizon bridge exploit
- ‘What’s At Stake’ about decentralized governance and the Cosmos Hub
- Over 3700 developers in the ICP Supernova hackathon. Join Demo Day on June 30th, where the finalists will make their claim for the $6M prize and funding pool
- BNB beacon chain goes open-source. Two weeks left to apply for BNB Chain’s MVB V
- Boost v1.0.0 has officially landed, a new, standalone replacement for the existing Lotus Markets process that enables you to get your data into Filecoin up to 20x faster, retry paused deals, watch deal transfer rates, see deal logs right from the new Web UI, and much more
- Injective is integrating Wormhole to enhance cross-chain accessibility
- 100+ pools went live last week following the 4-pool Bancor 3 launch. To date, there are over 140+ pools live on Bancor 3
- Celer Network has successfully implemented bridging support for Kava Network
- Zilliqa launches initiative to support sustainability-focused fashion innovators
- Band Protocol launches price feeds on CLV
- Orbs ecosystem expands to Cronos
- 1inch integrates with Opium
- 3 years since Elrond debuted on Binance Launchpad
- The NEAR Foundation’s vision for the future
- Secret Network ecosystem roadmap update
- mStable governance updates
- And much more!
Top 10 Crypto Assets by Staked Value
Proof-of-Stake Networks’ Updates
- Ethereum’s Ropsten Testnet has successfully merged with its Proof of Stake beacon chain, finalizing one of the last tests before the long-awaited mainnet merge. The Ethereum Merge is tentatively scheduled for August, but could be pushed back to September or October.
- Ethereum 2.0 is up and running smoothly! With more than 358,800 active validators.
Mainnet execution layer:
- Update your nodes for Gray Glacier upgrade: The Ethereum network is expected to undergo a scheduled network upgrade at block 15,050,000, or around Wednesday, June 29, 2022. The Gray Glacier network upgrade changes the parameters of the difficulty bomb, pushing it back by 700,000 blocks, or roughly 100 days.
- The latest core devs call video. Notes from Tim Beiko and Christine Kim:
- Erigon v2022.06.05-alpha: regression fixes.
- Geth making progress on historical state pruning.
- KZG ceremony call video: plan to start ceremony in November (3 month general participation + 1 month special participation), use output in clients from March.
- NiceNode (interface to run a client) adds multi-client support.
- Vitalik: possible roadmap for account abstraction using ERC4337 and adding features to protocol to make account abstraction the default.
Proof of Stake consensus layer:
- EF seeks proposals to create technical documentation for staking operators.
- Nimbus v22.6.0: Ropsten & Sepolia testnet support, UX improvements & fixes.
- Prysm v2.1.3-rc.4: Sepolia testnet support and Panda Merge banner.
- Lido expands node operators, includes four client teams.
Check out our recently-published ‘Defi in Ether’ — biweekly update on Ethereum DeFi ecosystem vol.55 full of news from the ecosystem: $39B in DeFi, Circle launches Euro Coin stablecoin, RenBridge 3 is now live, UMA is live on Bancor, 1inch integrates with Opium, Vitalik on non-financial use cases of blockchains, The dYdX values, and much more!
- Kapex has won the latest parachain slot auction.
- The next parachain slot auction is scheduled to begin on 30 June at approximately 00:30 UTC.
- Conversation, a synthetic asset issuance protocol and decentralized contract trading exchange, won Polkadot’s parachain auction.
- Referendum 64, funding a Treasury Proposal to reimburse various teams for their work at Davos, has passed.
- Referendum 67, upgrading the Polkadot runtime to v9230, has passed and been executed.
- Imbue network, a decentralized crowdfunding DAO, won Kusama’s parachain auction.
- InvArch Tinkernet is currently in the lead in the current Kusama parachain slot auction, with one day left before the Ending Period.
- More details on Polkadot Decoded 2022 (29–30 June) have been released. Events will be held in Berlin, New York, Buenos Aires, and Hangzhou.
The Biggest Polkadot Event of the Year!
This year's program features talks, demos and interactive workshops on all things Polkadot. Visit our official and…
- Interested in upgrading your Web3 developer skills? Register for Web3athon, a 3-month virtual event for developers & builders sponsored by Polkadot, and get a chance to win from a prize pool of $800k.
Web3athon: A Hyperlocal, People-First Crypto Hackathon bringing creatives and developers together to solve some of the…
Feel free to read our latest biweekly report on the Polkadot ecosystem vol.39: Coinversation got the 19th parachain slot on Polkadot, Kabocha will be onboarded as Kusama’s 37th parachain, Imbue Network is in the lead, Chainlink Price Feeds are now live on Moonbeam, Chainlink publishes a staking roadmap, OceanONDA V4 production has arrived, Astar collabs with AWS, Humanode’s Ramiel is live and ready for public testing, Robonomics release 2.0 is here, Equilibrium integrates with Acala, and more!
- Avalanche Bridge Adds Native Bitcoin Support
- Bridging Bitcoin To Avalanche: A Technical Overview
- MetaDerby Launches Play-to-Earn Horse Racing Game on Avalanche
- Ava Labs Releases Core, an All-In-One Web3 Operating System for Avalanche
- Institutions Are Building the Future with Avalanche
- Algorand Foundation partners with 10 Academy to build Africa’s workforce in blockchain: Algorand Foundation announces its partnership with 10 Academy, a not-for-profit initiative with the mission of building Africa’s workforce in key areas of the 4th Industrial Revolution including Artificial Intelligence, Web3/Blockchain, Internet of Things and Quantum Computing by identifying, training and launching the careers of brilliant young people in Algorand Governance Period 3 — Vote Now Complete: The cooldown period for the 3rd period of Algorand Community Governance vote is now complete with both voting measures put forward in the third period of Algorand Community Governance now finalized.
- Cooperativ Labs Inc. receives Algorand Foundation Grant Funding
- Spindle ASA receives Algorand Foundation Grant Award
- Decentralized Exchange Aggregator Althena Receives Algorand Foundation Grant Award
- Vote Coin Receives Algorand Foundation Grant Award
- Techstars Partners with Algorand to Drive Web3 Innovation in Boston
- AMA — Algo Liquid Governance 2.0 — New features revealed
Binance (BNB Chain)
- BNB Chain Weekly Ecosystem Report (17 to 23 June)
- BNB Beacon Chain Goes Open-Source: Learn about the exciting opportunities the move opens up. Open-source initiatives are at the core of what makes Web3 an exciting proposition and BNB Chain is acting on this idea.
- Corite is Utilzing BNB Chain to Revolutionize the Music Industry
- BNB Chain to Open ‘Deep Dive Into Blockchain’ Summer School Lectures at the University of Zurich
- BNB Chain NFT Support Confirmed by Nansen
- 8 BNB Chain Project Stars in June
- Find the latest BSC news here.
- Input-Output Hong Kong (IOHK), the parent company for the Cardano blockchain, announced the launch of an Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM) sidechain alpha, currently on testnet. The sidechain will allow developers to write Solidity smart contracts, as well as create EVM-compatible DApps, and ERC20 tokens, on Cardano.
- KYVE Network, a Cosmos SDK-based chain that enables data providers to standardize, validate, and permanently store blockchain data streams, rolled out its fourth protocol update. The update focuses on cultivating an enhanced developer experience while using the KYVE App.
- ‘What’s At Stake’ show about decentralized governance and the Cosmos Hub:
- Find the latest governance proposals here.
- Internet Computer Updates: IC Roadmap, Security Audit, NNS Dapp UX/UI
- Announcing the Motoko Mechs NFT Collection for Supernova Participants
- Papyrs: A Web3 Blog on the Internet Computer
- Internet Computer Basics — Part 2: How to Get Free Cycles to Deploy Your First Dapp
- Over 3700 developers in the ICP Supernova hackathon:
- Solana Mobile debuts Saga, a flagship Android phone for web3
- Solana Mobile Stack and flagship device, Saga, changes everything: Solana introduced the open-source Solana Mobile Stack for Android, enabling native Android web3 apps on Solana
- The Solana-based Web3 wallet, Phantom, announced that it’s rolling out a new update to further strengthen its security after it patched a “demonic vulnerability” discovered by blockchain cybersecurity firm Halborn in May of last year. The vulnerability meant that secret recovery phrases were sometimes stored on a user’s hard drive.
- Jun 29/30: Synthetix Community Governance Call
- The Algol Release
- Automated SNX Rewards — Live on Optimism (from Gelato): Synthetix partnered with Gelato to allow stakers to automatically claim their SNX staking rewards on Optimism.
- The Saiph Release: On June 9th, the Saiph release took place. Here’s what’s included in this release: SIP-235: Update Issuer Modifier: Increases security for future Synthetix deployments for the onlyTrustedMinters modifier in Issuer. SIP-238: Only allow token transfers via proxies: Allow users to interact with SNX, as well as synths, via their proxies, and stop allowing transfers via their implementations. SIP-240: Update Liquidate Amount: Liquidates the correct amount of debt for accounts with mostly escrowed SNX.
- Synthetix V3GM: governance on Optimism using combined mainnet & L2 voting power.
- dHEDGE Debt Mirror Index Token — Live on Optimism.
- Futures Funding Rate Arbitrage Guide.
- Tether announced the launch of its USDT stablecoin on the Tether blockchain, with the ambition of expanding its digital footprint across the digital payments and DeFi sector.
- Tezos Commons Grantee Spotlight: Professor Jeff Groff
- Matterlight — What to Expect: A dive into the latest Free-to-Play NFT trading card game from gif.games
- The latest Tezos Backing Sheet is out.
- Latest Aave News: HAL Notifications, CVX on V2, Atlendis Launch, Safety Module Stakers Can Mint a .lens, & more.
- Follow the Aave governance forum.
- The community-centered approach to Web3 — Aave founder and CEO
- Bancor Dev Update — week of 13 June, 2022: 100+ pools went live last week following the 4-pool Bancor 3 launch. To date, there are over 140+ pools live on Bancor 3.
- 100+ Tokens Go Live on Bancor 3
- Market Conditions Update — June 19, 2022: Due to hostile market conditions, Bancor’s Impermanent Loss Protection is temporarily paused. IL protection will be reactivated on the protocol as the market stabilizes. This is a temporary measure to protect the protocol and its users.
- The Celo Foundation Launches Celo University Guild to Connect Universities Worldwide: Late last month, the Celo Foundation launched the Celo University Guild, a one-stop resource created to empower universities, colleges, and tertiary education institutions worldwide to host blockchain/crypto educational events and share Celo’s mission of achieving prosperity for all. The Guild will bring together students of every proficiency level, from the crypto-curious to the seasoned veteran, offering the opportunity for them to learn, share knowledge with others, apply for startup support, and earn rewards for participation. Any student group, professor, or consortium of universities can apply.
- Dock allows you to issue your first Verifiable Credential for free.
- New Elrond Wallet Feature: Proof Of Address & Assets Ownership Via Cryptographic Message Signing & Verification
- EGLD Is Now Listed On Okcoin
- EGLD Is Now Listed On US-Based Exchange Kraken
- Last week in EGLD:
- Make lightning fast storage deals with Boost v1.0: Boost v1.0.0 has officially landed. Boost is a new, standalone replacement for the existing Lotus Markets process that enables you to get your data into Filecoin up to 20x faster, retry paused deals, watch deal transfer rates, see deal logs right from the new Web UI, and much more.
- Brave Browser Adds Filecoin to Wallet: The Filecoin ecosystem is excited to announce that with the release of Brave browser 1.40, the wallet feature now supports FIL.
- Filecoin Green’s $1 million Green Grants Program will support climate positive Regenerative Finance (ReFi) initiatives: Filecoin Green announced the launch of its $1M Regenerative Finance (ReFi) Green Grants Program to fund ReFi Web3 initiatives globally.
- Celer Network has successfully implemented bridging support for Kava Network. Users can now bridge USDC, USDT, WETH, DAI, and WBTC between Ethereum and Kava in a fast, secure and low-cost way using cBridge.
- Introducing Kava Earn: Simplified DeFi strategies on the Kava Network.
- Kyber Network and Oxalus Wallet making swap features convenient
- Kyber Network Celebrates 5 Successful Years in DeFi
- KyberSwap’s 5 Year Anniversary Community AMA Winners Announcement
- Find out all Kyber proposals here. Check them out on GitHub.
- Surviving Bear Market 101
- mStable x Rook : Rook — formerly KeeperDAO — has deposited a first tranche of $500K worth of DAI of its treasury into mStable Save, with further deposits scheduled.
- mStable Governance Updates — 16 June 2022.
- Check out mStable’s latest proposals here.
- The NEAR Foundation’s Vision for the Future
- NEAR Community in Focus: The Future of Community on NEAR
- NEAR’s June Town Hall Highlights: Live from Consensus
- NEAR Foundation Launches Smart Contract Audit Program
- Armored Kingdom, a multi-platform, global entertainment universe co-founded by actress Mila Kunis, is coming to NEAR Protocol. The platform will leverage NEAR’s fast, carbon neutral, and scalable protocol to reshape Web3 trading card games, digital comics, animation, and film.
- Unveiling The New Look of ROSE Bloom Grants Program
- Meet the New DappRadar Accelerator Cohort of 2022
- Oasis Bloom Hackathon Winners — Interview with Histopia
- Oasis Bloom Hackathon Winners — Interview with XDAO
- Polygon ID is live: Polygon ID is a self-sovereign identity solution powered by ZK cryptography that brings huge potential for DAO governance.
- Governance Frameworks
- Polygon reaches first sustainability milestone by achieving network carbon neutrality
- State of Governance #2: Identity & Reputation
- Zerion brings its non-custodial web3 smart wallet to Polygon
- Polygon BUIDL IT Hackathon is here, with $500,000 in prizes
- Polygon Zero April-May roundup
- Polygon on way to reaching mass adoption with major partnerships: Some of the biggest brands in the world are adopting Polygon as their blockchain of choice to jump into web3.
- PolyPulse #26
- FTX now supports MATIC USDC.
- Polygon is now a part of the Singapore Fintech Association.
- Check out the latest Polygon integrations here.
- StaFi Launches Initial rToken Liquidity Grant Program On StaFiHub
- The recap of StaFiHub Testnet — Staking Data, Bug Bounty and Roadmap
- StaFi Protocol Monthly: May Community Update
- THORChain Mainnet Achieved: Since April 2021, THORChain has been hardening under its beta label, Multichain Chaosnet, which will now transition to Mainnet.
- Dev Update #144-#146
- RPC URL Update
- The poster competition concludes on the 24th of June. 1st prize wins a DappNode Xtreme Gnosis Chain validator.
- Utopia Labs Integrates Gnosis Chain
- Dark Forest Grand Prix Round 3 starts June 18th
- Book hotels on Gnosis Chain with Winding Tree
- New GnosisDAO GIPs and Snapshot Votes this week.
- Yearn introduced a new simple vault UI
- Check out Yearn latest proposals on their governance forum here.
- Zilliqa Unity SDK v3.0 Released: Zilliqa Gaming Development Team To Deliver New SDK Features And Functionality
- Zilliqa launches initiative to support sustainability-focused fashion innovators
- 1inch integrates with Opium: Thanks to the integration, Opium derivatives pools are now available in the 1inch dApp, creating extra earning opportunities for users.
That’s all for today! Your feedback is highly appreciated! Let us know what you think about the format & content.
Subscribe to Paradigm!