Several Best Accounting Books For Beginners You Must Know
Are you looking for the best accounting books? Do you like to read some of the great books written by famous authors from all over the world? Well, that’s great. We all know that books help in enhancing one’s knowledge and skills. So, if you are an accounting student, you need to increase your knowledge and skills to get better at accounting. And the only solution is practice and self-study.
However, we all know that mathematics is not a piece of cake for all students. Numbers may be challenging, and managing them tends to be much more difficult. Especially when learning the fundamentals of accounting. But if you have some great accounting books, you do not have to worry at all. Therefore, this will help you as a road map for learning key accounting concepts in a straightforward manner.
So, if you are curious about knowing the best books of accounting, do scroll down and check out our list of best books of accounting for beginners. So, here we go.
Important Accounting Books For Beginners
Book Name: Accounting For Non-Accountant
Author: Wayne Label
This well-written book is especially for persons who are new to accounting concepts. Because it shows several sequential snapshots of the balance sheet that handles specific adjustments.
However, instead of presenting the basics of accounting, the author concentrates on a few key topics. For example;
- Managing auditors and audits
- Financial statements to understand
- Budget management
- Cash flow management
- Using accounting ratios
Book Name: Financial Statements
Author Name: Thomas Ittelson
This book explains every concept in easy-to-understand terms. Also, this book provides basic and easy transaction examples to clarify concepts. Moreover, the author wants to build a strong basis for readers to understand the topics. However, in this book the author has discussed about;
- What is the relationship between the balance sheet, income statement, and cash flow statement in presenting a company’s financial health?
- The visual method of seeing how each transaction impacts the enterprise’s three primary financial statements.
Book Name: Accounting Handbook
Author Name: Jae K.Shim
This is one of the instructive and useful accounting books. It provides a unique insight into accounting. Moreover, the author intends to target accountants, bookkeepers, and business students. Because it has excellent examples and references.
However, the following are a few of the concepts covered in the book:
- Definitions of every concept in one sentence.
- An in-depth explanation of accounting.
- Management of expenses, tax forms, and their preparation.
- U.S. GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles) and IFRS (International Financial Reporting Standards) financial reporting rules and regulations (International Financial Reporting Standards)
Book Name: Schaum’s Outline Of Principles Of Accounting
Author Name: Joel J.Lerner
The book contains a collection of solved accounting questions. Also, it allows readers to quickly connect the dots.
The following are some of the central concerns discussed in this book:
- Debits, credits, the chart of accounts, the ledger, inventory valuation, net realizable value, bad debt recovery, and interest calculation techniques.
- Fixed assets, depreciation, scrap value, and depreciation techniques
- Payroll and taxes on the payroll.
Book Name: Accounting
Author Name: Greg Shields
This is also one of the accounting books that is easy to understand. Because it provides straightforward explanations that are easy to follow to connect accounting words and ideas in business usage. Also, it provides a broad review of financial statements, analysis, and principles followed by the accounting profession.
However, the following are some of the key problems covered in the book:
- Statement of Cash Flow
- Public Accounting and CPA
- Accounting Reports: The Income Statement
- Tac Accounting
Book Name: Accounting Quickside Guide
Author Name: Josh Baurle CPA
It is a complete book that covers almost all important accounting concepts and vocabulary. Also, it is especially useful for small business owners. Because it details the methods for handling accounting in a small firm.
So, the following are some of the primary issues covered in the book:
- Business Entity Types; Their Pros, Cons, and Financial Statements
- Principles of Financial Accounting, Managerial Accounting, and Tax Accounting
- The Importance of GAAP Standards for Accountants
- Classic Double-Entry Accounting’s Logic and Methods
Book Name: The Accounting Game
Author Name: Darell Mullis and Judith Orloff
This is one of the most interesting accounting books. It makes the subject of financial management interesting and clear. This book uses the world of a child’s lemonade business to teach the basics. Moreover, the author encourages readers to learn using their senses, emotions, and critical thinking abilities. Therefore, the book targets business owners/managers and aspiring entrepreneurs.
However, the following are some of the important lessons from the book:
- Financial Accounting
- Step-by-step procedures for handling financial accounts in a firm.
- Business accounting methods and making financial reports.
Book Name: Bookkeeper’s Boot Camp
Author Name: Angie Mohr
This book teaches small business owners the basics of record-keeping. Also, why tracking financial data is critical to a company’s success. Moreover, the authors explain how to go through information and documentation. Also, how to use that knowledge to develop a successful business.
So, the following are some of the most important lessons you can learn from this book.
- What is the purpose of keeping records/books?
- Analyzing and keeping track of financial data
- Starting a business, expanding a business, and selling a business.
However, we have discussed the best and most amazing accounting books in the above blog. So, if you want to become an accountant the above will help you to increase your knowledge and skills. This will assist you in preparing for your interview and securing the perfect job. So, if you like the above books, go ahead and keep adding your knowledge and skills. Also, take your profession to new heights and prepare yourself for a wealthy future.
if you are looking for online accounting exam help, it is better to take an expert help.