How to invest in the game market — DotBig Review
Gaming is becoming a part of the modern pop culture and even if you are not interested in it, you know about such releases as Call of Duty and World of Warcraft developed by Activision Blizzard. The increasing hype and revenues of such participants that are listed on public exchanges are the main reasons to invest in gaming in 2022.
How to find a gaming company to invest in
The gaming industry brings huge revenues to companies. The unstoppable growth of gaming sports makes a huge contribution to these revenues because professional tournaments involve million-dollar agreements and sponsorships.
If you are going to join this trend, you have to know how to find and buy securities of the gaming industry companies. Here is the guide from DotBig you need to follow:
- Explore eSports companies. We recommend finding out more about eSports developers because their revenues increase with their customer bases. ESports developers often organize multi-billion competitions that attract millions of gamers from all over the world.
- Find stocks your budget can afford to invest in. The average cost of a share on the game market is around $75. However, some attractive options may have more expensive stocks. Electronic Arts, for instance, is traded at $125 per share. In such cases, the option is to buy fractional shares — let’s say, 30% of a share.
- Do some research. Investors need to conduct some research on the company’s performance before investing in gaming stocks.
- Follow the news. If you want to make money from investing, you need to follow the updated information about certain stocks. Track game market news and stay tuned to updates about new game releases.
These are just four simple steps, but if you stick to them, you will have better chances not to fail when investing.
Trends of the gaming industry 2022
Gaming companies are quite resilient to global changes. Thanks to this, the game market has managed to increase its annual revenues. Here are just a few points from the game industry statistics that indicate the financial features of this sector:
- the total number of gamers has blasted through the mark of 3 billion players;
- the US will generate $50.5 billion of game revenues from customer spending;
- the mobile game revenues will increase to $103.5 billion in 2022. This amount is lower than the figures for 2020 and 2021. That is why the share prices of mobile gaming companies are expected to drop;
- the annual revenues generated by console game developers will increase to $56.9 billion, which is 8.4% higher than the previous year. The success is determined by the ongoing releases of such developers as Epic Games, Activision, Rockstar, and others.
- PC game revenues will grow to $41 billion in 2022 — it’s a 1.9% growth;
- in 2 years, the game market is expected to grow to $222.6 billion.
As you can see, both modern and future conditions seem to be quite profitable for gaming companies and for those who invest in them.
On the whole, experts anticipate this industry, and especially the eSports sector, to keep growing in the following years. This is a good indicator for potential investors because they might profit from the expected growth of revenues of companies they invest in. Just enter DotBig and make some research to compile the most promising set of gaming stocks.