Eurexcoin — A Beginner’s Guide to Crypto Profit-Taking Strategies.
The crypto market is known for its inherent volatility, but there are numerous opportunities to take profits. Given the uncertain nature of the market, there is no perfect formula to take profits, however, there are certain strategies that can help optimize your gains.
These strategies help users understand how and when to take profits, and when to execute an exit strategy.
What is Crypto Profit Taking?
Profit-taking is the process of selling crypto assets when the prices have appreciated in order to maximize profits and safeguard against future losses.
Some investors prefer to follow the “HODLing” strategy, which is a long-term crypto profit-taking strategy that requires a great deal of patience. HODLing or HODL is a term commonly used by crypto enthusiasts and means, essentially, to “hold on for dear life.” HODLing is a long-term strategy where investors hold on to their assets irrespective of the short-term gains and the ups and downs in the market. This is a less-risky position as investors avoid the short-term volatility of the market to maximize their long-term gains. HODLing, though it may seem less risky, is time-consuming. Additionally, because many investors do not know when to sell their assets and take the profits, this may diminish their overall long-term gains.
Profit taking, on the other hand, takes advantage of the market fluctuation of crypto prices to make regular returns. Crypto profit-taking strategies help traders to understand the market and use technical analysis to optimize gains while minimizing losses.
Factors that Determine When to Take Crypto Profits.
- Look out for bearish chart patterns — If you notice bearish trends in the market, it is the right time to take your profits. Keep your eyes open and look for these indicators.
- Price is stagnant — If the prices are stagnant for a long time and are not moving upward, this is a clear indication that it’s time for an exit strategy.
- Fundamental analysis — This involves analyzing the market to see what other traders are doing. This research could include what they’re investing in and how much.
- Recognize the divergence pattern — A divergence occurs when the technical indicator moves contrary to the price swings. This pattern occurs when the price decreases but is not reflected on the indicator, and it may indicate an upward trend.
- Fibonacci retracement levels — This type of technical analysis can examine a price trend by referencing the high and low points. The Fibonacci ratios indicate how much the price has retraced.
- Geopolitical events — Conditions like war, political events, pandemics, inflation, price changes, employment levels, or considerable financial growth in a country can also impact trading decisions.
- Risk tolerance — Every trader has their own investing style and risk tolerance level. Some traders have a low tolerance for risks and want to play in the long run. Others like fast regular returns and are more comfortable playing along with the highs and lows of the market.
How to Take Crypto Profits
Target your profits
Setting a target profit is an important step to avoid unforeseen losses in the crypto sphere. Traders often set a stop-loss order to mitigate the risks of losses. Plan your exit strategy beforehand and the profit target to a specific price and stick to that. For example, let’s say you purchase Bitcoin for $30,000 and set a profit target of 2%. Now, if your order sell reaches a valuation of $30,600, then it has reached the target level and it is time to close the trade and collect the profits.
Your average reward should always be more than the risks. Calculate the profit potential of the assets. Do not wait for the prices to reach the top or the bottom. Try making profits by selling assets in between as you go up or down the price chart.
Dollar-Cost Averaging, or DCA, is a lucrative strategy where traders invest a small amount at regular intervals irrespective of the market conditions and token valuations. Investors average out the highs and lows of their tokens and invest periodically. This is a realistic approach that reduces the risk of impulsive decision-making.
There are several technical tools with charts and indicators available in the market that can help determine a profit-taking strategy. Technical analysis provides insight into market sentiments, entry and exit points, price trends, and the overall performance of the coin.
Reinvesting crypto profits
Reinvesting crypto profits can help grow your earnings. You can take out a portion of your profits and reinvest, keeping the rest intact. This strategy can maximize your profits and earn back the seed capital.
- Mining — Mining is a good option; however, mining experience and some degree of technical knowledge is required. It helps to offset losses in the long run.
- HODLing — HODL is an excellent strategy, especially if your coin is stable and there is no need for immediate returns.
Crypto trading is a speculative business and the more time you spend in the market, the more experience you gain. Build a profit-taking strategy that suits your trading portfolio, anticipates risk, and looks for signals for when to enter the market and when to exit.
Check out our new platform 👉https://eurexcoin.com/
Are you a beginner who want to learn and earn with crypto? Get started below!